Skip to main content

Soccer!

After moving Aiden didn't want to continue gymnastics because he had his mind set on Soccer. So, after a round or two of swimming lessons we are taking a break to get a taste of being on a Soccer team. Tonight was his second practice/game and after a rough start the first week, the second week was top notch. Aiden is getting more comfortable and confident in his Soccer shoes so-to-speak and putting his skills to use. He dribbled the ball down the length of the field a few times, played a good defense, and would have scored a goal had a kid from the other team not body slammed the ball. Aiden came home and said, "Mama! That kid was NOT supposed to use his hands to play soccer!" The team is made up of four to six year olds so they are all beginners on the learning curve. Needless to say, we are eating, sleeping, breathing Soccer around here. Aiden wears his jersey constantly but I insisted that it get washed tonight. He game home a dirty, sweaty, stinky boy! He must have played hard!
Now that Aiden is playing Soccer, I guess that makes me an official Soccer Mom. Tom was recruited as assistant coach (they must not know Tom has never played soccer in his life) so I'm feeling much older than I want to be. It's almost as if we crossed over some kind of mid-life threshold tonight and I don't like it!  Good thing you are only as young as you feel because I don't feel a day over 22. We definitely aren't old enough to be approaching the years where we follow our kids around to sporting events. I think we'll go back to swimming lessons for a few years. Those didn't make me feel like I aged over night. :) Regardless, I'd watch this little boy play Soccer any day. Even Sage got into the cheering and would yell, "GO DE-DE!" (Sagey calls Aiden De-de for the time being. Aiden must be too hard to say).
Aiden is on the Yellow Team. There he is, following the coach.

And here he is checking in with the assistant coach.


Sage played with my camera and the settings are now goofy. So, getting a non blurry action shot, or a shot of Aiden's face, was impossible tonight.

Go, Aiden, Go!
Best Coach award, right here!

Comments

Marme said…
Can't wait to see our little guy play!
Sally said…
Very fun. Tom tells me you can learn anything online so soccer coaching should be there. He can always get tips from brother Dave!

Aiden looks like all boy, I wasn't quite ready for that.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...