Skip to main content

Just checking in...

It's Friday! :) I'm sipping my morning cup of tea, the sun is shining, it's supposed to be relatively warm, our school load is light, and we have a trip to the nature center planned. I'll be honest, homeschooling has taken away much of the margin I had in my life and sometimes leaves me feeling overwhelmed when I look at my "to do" list. So, Fridays are closely guarded...they bring a day with not much to do and a promise of fun (as long as I can get the house cleaned on Thursdays :) ). So, as much as I want to blog, my posts are less frequent because I'm tied up elsewhere. Today I'm checking in and once again promising more posts. I want Sage's babyhood to be documented as well as Aiden's.

We are entering a wonderful time of year! My house might be decorated for Christmas, but my heart is overflowing with thankfulness! God's promises are new everyday and this past year has brought prayer requests fulfilled, a house full of love, and all of our needs and most of our wants taken care of. God is good. We will spend Thanksgiving with Tom's family this year and have fun plans throughout Thanksgiving and the weekend. Thanksgiving is extra special this year because my sweet, baby Sagey, whose birth was one huge answer to prayer and a testimony to how good God is, celebrates his 2nd birthday on Thanksgiving.

And yes, my house is decorated for Christmas (no tree yet though) and I have the bulk of my shopping done. I plan on enjoying the month of December and soaking in the real reason for the season. We have fun things planned! We are taking the boys to the Nutcracker, a live nativity, Macy's display and maybe even the Holidazzle parade this year. I'm so excited!

And...to bring me back to reality, the boys are fighting. :) Sage's language has taken off and I can hear him yelling, "No, De! Nice!" That translates to, "No, Aiden! Be nice!" This time I promise for real....more posts and more pictures, and maybe even videos if Tom ever gets the computer set up how it's supposed to be. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...