December 26 might just be the most depressing day of the year. Will and Ami had to leave. Tom went back to work and so did my dad. All the fun anticipation and Christmas hoop-la is over. The boys and I are still at the cabin and this morning my mom and I woke up to the post Christmas mess. Even the Christmas treats looked unappealing and got thrown in the trash. :( After I sulked for part of the morning we did indeed get the cabin cleaned and all the new toys sort of organized and the laundry started. After naps the boys and I all got haircuts. Then we took advantage of this nice winter day and went outside! I do love our homeschool curriculum. Every Friday there is time scheduled in to be outside and enjoy God's creation. However, the person who wrote our curriculum must not have accounted for cold Minnesota Winters. A couple weeks ago Aiden and I were supposed to go outside and measure the length of Noah's Ark. Since we've been living in an ice box, we hadn't done this yet. But today was a beautiful day and the frozen lake was the perfect place to measure out a boat the size of Texas! Noah's Ark was 300 cubits long (a cubit is about 18 inches). So, we started measuring and counting. We started out on the lake in front of our cabin and 300 cubits later we were 9 cabins down. As I was counting and pulling Sage on the sled (who also thought it was fun to purposely roll off the sled every 10 seconds) I was thinking about the faith of Noah to build a gigantic boat with very primitive tools. I was humbled and amazed! The picture does not give you a sense of the length of the boat, but trust me, it was impressive. We lost Sage around cubit 240 so he isn't in the picture. I think he might be the blob you see some distance behind Aiden. :) After all that measuring, Aiden and I had sled races while Sage hung out with Marme. Overall, December 26th didn't shape up to be all that bad.
Comments