Savoring the season is exactly what we are doing to do around here. It's so nice that Christmas feels like it's lasting all month instead of just one day or one moment. I don't think we did any specific Christmas things on Tuesday. The day went fast since Pappy and Marme were here and Aiden had AWANA. Yesterday Tom read The Grinch Who Stole Christmas to the boys and then they watched the cartoon. It must have been after the cartoon when all the excitement happened. The new game they decided to play was "Try to make it to the couch before the might giant wakes up." I was at work when all this happened but what I think went down is the giant woke up, the boys were wild with excitement and trying desperately to get to the couch. I think Aiden fell over and that created a domino effect so Sage fell over too. The good news is that Sage made it to the couch before the giant could get him. The bad news is that when Sage fell over on the couch his eyebrow hit first, right on the corner of the ottoman. I arrived home from work to Tom yelling about why I didn't check my phone. Of all days I was was busy doing co-therapy with my boss, so I didn't check my phone at all. Head wounds tend to bleed a lot (there was a trail going through the house) but the amount of blood doesn't mean an awful, horrible injury. I took Sage into Urgent Care and thankfully they used glue to seal up the cut and we were home in less than an hour. Sage's eye was pretty swollen this morning, but the swelling has gone down. His eye has been changing color all morning so I think he'll end up with a pretty good shiner for a couple days. My poor baby. He keeps telling me the story. It goes like this. "Eye huts. Downtairs. couch. head. ow." That pretty much sums it up.

 |
| As you can see, the wound hasn't slowed him up too much and he's still smiling. |
Tonight Tom and Aiden are going to some kind of Physics Circus/Science Event at the Excel Center. I think a lot of it will be over Aiden's head, but he loves science so much that this will be a taste of all the fascinating things he will learn as he gets older and can understand more. And...the weekend calendar is F-U-N! Even I'm excited!
Comments