We are still counting down the days until Christmas is here and I have to say, this is making the Christmas season all the more sweet. This past week we made ornaments and on Saturday we went to an event at Constance Free Church called: A Morning in Bethlehem. We are starting to feel at home in our new church but I will always miss Constance. The morning we spent there did not disappoint and the kids enjoyed a live nativity with real stable animals including a very patient lama, donkeys, bunnies, a sheep, a dog, and chickens. After visiting the live nativity we enjoyed decorating cupcakes and having a birthday party for Jesus, making picture frames, dressing up as angels, and preparing herbs for baby Jesus as the Wisemen did. Yes, I am very glad we braved the cold of this tundra we live in and ventured to our old church. We got to see friends(!), the boys got a closer glimpse into the birth of their Savior, and did I mention we got to see our friends...all in one place, at the same time! It sure is nice to go to church and know someone! There are more fun things to look forward to on our calendar, but this might be my favorite this year. My heart is full. ♥
On a completely unrelated note, I think dementia is setting in early with me. I have been extremely forgetful lately and this morning I took sub-par pictures using my phone because I thought I forgot my camera. Only I didn't forget my camera....it was with me the entire time. :( I could write a book of the forgetful things I've done this month. So...enjoy the blurry pictures. :)
 |
| Donkeys. |
 |
| Cupcakes. No explanation needed. |
 |
| Preparing the herbs (bath salts) for Jesus. |
 |
| Gifts prepared for Jesus. |
 |
| My angels. :) |
 |
| Ornament making |
 |
| Sage was SO excited to paint and make an ornament. And then he painted for about 1 minute. |
Comments