Yesterday afternoon I figured it was time we made some Christmas treats. I hate to bake...HATE it. I will make Christmas cookies with the boys (do I have to?) eventually, but yesterday we just made almond bark covered pretzels. They are yummy! Sage had a plate full of lovely pretzels he had made but then he sneezed directly over the tray. :( Even though he isn't sick I was grossed out. So, we have few less, but plenty for our little tummies. Let me just say that glitter, rice in the sensory table, and sprinkles might be a little much all in one week. My vaccuum cleaner has been working overtime.
Last night Tom was pooped from working long days this month so I got to go to The Physics Force with Aiden. It was at the Minneapolis Convention Center (not the Excel Center like I previously thought). The show is put on by a professor from the U of M, a couple retired teachers, and a couple high school teachers. They've even had the opportunity to take their show international! The show demonstrated the principles of Physics in very entertaining ways. Aiden was amazed at the things the teachers were doing and thought they were doing things that were "impossible." While many laws of physics are still hefty principles for Aiden to understand, he took away this truth. We serve a God of order. God created the universe to be organized and constant. So even though the demonstrations seem impossible these men understand the laws of physics, which are constant, so they are able to apply what they know and show us examples of these laws because these laws are never changing. This show happens every year so we are excited for next year!
Lastly, a picture Aiden will hate me for someday, but my favorite picture of the week. He is my book worm. He reads anything and everything. And while he doesn't quite read these chapter books fluently yet, he is CLOSE. I give it a month or two at the most. He reads them well enough to entertain himself, even in the bathtub. I think he's like me and he keeps going back and rereading all of his favorite parts. :)
| Using the "pinkles" as Sage calls them was the highlight for both boys. I can't blame them. I love me some sprinkles. |
Last night Tom was pooped from working long days this month so I got to go to The Physics Force with Aiden. It was at the Minneapolis Convention Center (not the Excel Center like I previously thought). The show is put on by a professor from the U of M, a couple retired teachers, and a couple high school teachers. They've even had the opportunity to take their show international! The show demonstrated the principles of Physics in very entertaining ways. Aiden was amazed at the things the teachers were doing and thought they were doing things that were "impossible." While many laws of physics are still hefty principles for Aiden to understand, he took away this truth. We serve a God of order. God created the universe to be organized and constant. So even though the demonstrations seem impossible these men understand the laws of physics, which are constant, so they are able to apply what they know and show us examples of these laws because these laws are never changing. This show happens every year so we are excited for next year!
Lastly, a picture Aiden will hate me for someday, but my favorite picture of the week. He is my book worm. He reads anything and everything. And while he doesn't quite read these chapter books fluently yet, he is CLOSE. I give it a month or two at the most. He reads them well enough to entertain himself, even in the bathtub. I think he's like me and he keeps going back and rereading all of his favorite parts. :)
Comments
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last picture of Aiden. You are right, he will hate you for it, but it's so great.