Skip to main content

My Favorites

Two of my favorite conversations for the week:

We were out to dinner last week and we brought Sage in undies (not a diaper) since he was potty training. The dinner converstaion went like this:
Tom: Did you put Sage in a diaper?
Me: Nope. We are not turning back!
Tom: That child is going to be a mess by the time dinner is over. I promise you.
Aiden: Dad, you are NOT a prophet so you really don't know.
Tom and me: Laughing! And....Tom was wrong. Sage did great and hasn't worn a diaper since, except for at night. And, night time is going way better than expected as well. :)

Sage and I were at the mall the other night waiting for Aiden to be done at AWANA. As we were walking in Sage saw the moon.
Sage: I would like to touch the moon, Mama! I would like to touch the moon!
Me: Sage, if I could give you the moon I would, but I can't.
Sage (as he's stretching his arms up as far as he can): I can reach it, Mama! I can reach it!

And my favorite pictures for the week:


Sage riding his giraffe. It's so funny when he gallops around on an animal a fraction of his size.

Aiden's love for Peter Pan had lasted a long time and I love it. He is Peter Pan nearly everyday and still loves all his Peter Pan toys. These are toys I will never, never get rid of.


Comments

Sally said…
I loved the conversations. Tom once told me I was not the holy spirit so really laughed at Aiden's comment. How I wish my Mom could have known Aiden and his love for Peter. Who knows maybe God gives her the joy of knowing. She also would have loved seeing Sage riding a giraffe. Jenny you are the toilet training genius!! Way to go Sage! Love your blogs.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...