It's still winter. I read that the Weather Prediction Center is predicting cool/cold temperatures through April with more snow in store. Sigh. I usually handle winter fairly well, but this Winter seems worse than previous years. After the business of the holidays I declare it hibernation season until Valentine's Day and that usually works well. We do nothing, stay home and play with our Christmas toys, and eat lots of soup. This January I enjoyed the lazy season thoroughly and indulged in several novels, started a couple non fiction books, and watched the entire 5th season of White Collar in 2 weeks, so all in all it was okay. However, the frigid temperatures didn't end and so it's March and we're still basically hibernating. When the boys and I need to be reminded what it feels like to have the air warm our skin and see green plants we go to the Conservatory. Today we needed another reminder so that's where we went. After the conservatory the boys begged for the Zoo as well, so we bundled up. Only Minnesotans brave the zoo in the winter. :)


 |
| See that huge puddle up ahead? I wasn't paying attention and Sage jumped right in soaking his shoes and socks. We sat in the car with his shoes and socks by the heat vents to dry them since we weren't going home anytime soon. These boys can't resist a puddle. On a side note, going to the zoo in the Winter is fairly nice. There weren't too many people there and most animals were really active. The Reindeer and the Arctic Fox were LOVING the weather. |
 |
| The Koi Pond |
 |
| Sage dressed for the occasion because I heard we have an Iowa State Game to cheer for tonight since Nebraska had an (unfair) loss today. :) |
 |
| Many sophisticated people go to the Conservatory. Today I saw sketch artists, photographers, couples in love, and avid gardeners. They all walk through the conservatory quietly and enjoy themselves as they take in the beauty and discuss the different plants. However, I sprint through, chasing the boys and telling them to not climb on the walls, fall in the pond, pick the flowers, etc. As I was finishing telling the boys the rules a man beside me added in, "and no climbing trees!" He was laughing at me. I can only imagine he has boys of his own. |
 |
| The Rain Forest is so steamy that my Camera fogs up every time! |
Comments