Sage is learning SO much! I love child development. I love watching it happen. It's so intricate yet systematic. If I ever go back and get my Ph.D. (a girl can dream, right?) I'd be hard pressed to get it in child development. Maybe I've noticed the boys' development so much because when I go to work every week I don't see development. At least, not normal development. Every week I pick a target to work on with my sweet little girl and for two pain staking hours that's what we do. What I teach my kids at work is something that typically developing kids don't need to be taught because they absorb it, naturally and normally. I love my kids at work and each day I come home thankful my own kids don't need 40 hours a week of intensive therapy for years and years just to communicate at the most basic level.
Anyway, this week I noticed Sage has developed the ability to compare sizes and generalize them across objects. He said to me this week, "Mama, this table is little. The kitchen table is big." And at breakfast he said, "Mama is bigger than Aiden but I am little." It seems simple but if you know what it looks like when this sort of milestone doesn't develop, it makes you notice when it does. Although Sage still has quite a bit of articulation to perfect in his language (and it's so cute that I don't want to rush it), his sentences have become more complex. In the last week or two he's figured out how to incorporate words like either, or, because, but, and actually. This age is just so. so. fun!
Anyway, this week I noticed Sage has developed the ability to compare sizes and generalize them across objects. He said to me this week, "Mama, this table is little. The kitchen table is big." And at breakfast he said, "Mama is bigger than Aiden but I am little." It seems simple but if you know what it looks like when this sort of milestone doesn't develop, it makes you notice when it does. Although Sage still has quite a bit of articulation to perfect in his language (and it's so cute that I don't want to rush it), his sentences have become more complex. In the last week or two he's figured out how to incorporate words like either, or, because, but, and actually. This age is just so. so. fun!
Comments