e·mo·tive
iˈmōtiv/
adjective
adjective: emotive
arousing or able to arouse intense feeling.
I loved this week's theme (as always) and I had really high hopes for my photos. I kept looking back over the past few weeks thinking of memories and perfect photo opportunities that I wish I had taken advantage of, as they fit this week perfectly. But, I figured for sure this week would bring some of the same sweet and powerful moments of it's own. Not so. At least not the moments I had imagined. Plus, emtional moments happen so spontaneously that I don't always have time to reach for the camera. This morning at church I was very much wishing that I could do gymnastics in the aisle with my camera to perfectly capture all three of my boys in worship together at the perfect angle. But, I figured that wasn't appropriate. So, I enjoyed the moment, tucked it in my heart, and settled on these pictures instead. Not quite the impact or scope I had hoped for, but still sweet, true, and tell tale of our lives.
If you know me, then you know how much I LOVE marshmallows. I used to ration myself to a bag a week, but since we've cut down on sugar I don't even buy them because I WILL eat them. However, Tom started a campfire in the yard yesterday and the boys had their hearts set on roasting marshmallows. I was happy to comply. The first toasted marshmallow of the season...it stirs up great anticipation in me for the Summer yet to come, the sweet memories yet to be made, and the marshmallows yet to eat. The boys share my love; Tom does not. But, Tom is an excellent roaster...toasting marshmallows to perfection. So for me, our marriage is a match made in heaven. (Also, bringing the camera outside made me realize I need to figure out how not to have dark shadows in my photos and I will probably have to force myself to learn to edit photos, which sounds like such a snore and difficult, too!)


Comments