We are settling into more of a routine and while I'm still just trying to keep us afloat in these early weeks of Fall, I know that soon our schedule and commitments will become a familiar rhythm that is more easy to sustain. So, to quickly recap, we've been to the nature center to go bird watching and today we were on a field trip to the Gibbs Farm. I had heard fabulous things about the Gibbs farm tour, however our guide today won the award for being the most boring person ever. EVER!!! I can hardly blame my kids for running around and not listening because I was having a difficult time. The historical information about the Dakota Tribe was incredibly interesting if you could follow what he was saying. The high point was that along with our guide was a full blood Dakota woman working at the farm and attending the U of M. Her knowledge of her tribe was amazing and she spoke their language. I would have rather listened to her as she had so many rich things to contribute. I'm hopeful for a chance to go back next year.
| Nature Center |
| Pretending to harvest Wild Rice |
| Tepee of the Dakota Tribe. Can you believe that they could keep the temperature at 70 degrees in this thing during the dead of winter? |
| The Summer Bark House of the Dakota Tribes |
| The animals were the highlight! |
Comments