Skip to main content

A Visit with Santa

The house is FULL of excitement today. We went and paid a visit to Santa and the boys pooled their ideas and decided together to ask Santa for a puppy. For. REAL! Sage went right up to Santa and said, "Santa, I want a dog." To which Santa replied, "You do? Do you want a big dog or a little puppy?" And Sage said, " I want a DOG because a dog is a puppy." Duh, Santa. ;) Aiden, as you can see in the picture below, was a little shy at first but then made his very specific request. His exact words were, "Santa, I want a puppy Golden Retriever boy." Sage would settle for whatever kind of dog, but Aiden has his heart set on a male dog, specifically a Golden Retriever. So...they can hardly wait to see if Santa comes through. Aiden began the day with hesitated excitement but the suspense (and it's only been 1 day) is killing him. They both keep asking how long they have to wait to find out what Santa will bring.




Tradition in our family holds that Santa brings one present. The "Santa present" waits by your stocking on Christmas morning wrapped in Santa paper. You can ask Santa for 1 thing and Santa brings what you ask for (within reason).  Aiden and Sage are grandchildren #12 and #13 so they can recall cousins who have received pets from Santa. This is fueling their little bit of faith that Santa just might deliver the goods. I could write a book on all the fun and beauty that Santa adds to Christmas. Sometimes I get annoyed with the man, but if you tell the true story of St. Nick, and tell the story with the right perspective, Santa bring with him a wonderful analogy of the excitement of the coming of Christ. I could also write a book about the sometimes strange Santa presents that any and all of the cousins have asked for. I have a feeling that this Christmas will be no different than the ones before....Christmas morning will dawn and ALL of the kids will be wild with excitement (including me).

Comments

Sally said…
The truth about St. Nick is beautiful. Love that the boys are learning truth from their wonderful teacher and having so much fun learning.
Jenny said…
I can't wait to see what Santa brings as well! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...