This is our last week of school. To say that I am exhausted would be an understatement and while we've saturated ourselves with all good things like American History, Math, Science, and lots of reading over the past 34 weeks, I cannot wait to set my children free for the summer. Teaching and being pregnant has been more difficult than words can say. With that being said, the boys have still learned so much this year and we'll all be ready for a fresh start come fall. By the end of this week our school room will have been cleaned up, packed up, rearranged, and yes, all of our new curriculum has already been purchased and will be sitting on the shelves ready to greet us come August. We have to start a little early next year so that we can take some time off to adjust to having a newborn in the house. Anyway, I've got a post written reflecting the learning curve and challenge that home schooling is, but for now just know that I couldn't survive without my coop. The education my boys get there every Thursday is wonderful (next year they even get to take Science from a renown creation scientist!!) and the moms offer so much encouragement and perspective. We've certainly enjoyed all our field trips and the pictures that follow will hopefully catch you up on a few of the places we've been.
I don't have pictures of everything we've done...we've been back to the Minnesota Orchestra, we saw the musical One Dog Canoe at Stages Theatre, we've been to a class at Como Zoo about African animals, we went to the Firefighter Museum, and we took Tucker to the vet (which could be a blog all it's own...hah!) We're looking forward to a couple more field trips before May ends but we'll enjoy summer vacation starting Friday!
 |
| Looking at a millipede at Como Zoo |
 |
| Listening to Tucker's heart beat |
 |
| Using an old fashioned water pump at the Firefighter museum |
 |
| Yes. My boys got to ride around in the front cab of a firetruck. They were on cloud 9. They were also super fascinated by the fact that you had to use a hand crank to roll down the windows like in the "old days." Haha! |
 |
| How I wish I would have brought my real camera to this place. You know me and my fascination with vintage America. These old firetrucks were so beautiful and so was all the amazing furniture inside the museum. I would seriously park this truck in my living room just to stare at it. |
Comments