Good Friday always feels so eventful and mournful and then Saturday comes and we just wait. It feels like a long wait too and I can't imagine how the disciples felt. We've done our best to make the day go by quickly and be mindful of the events that transpired and the one yet to come.
And when I think that God, his Son not sparing,
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
Then Aiden piped in and thoughtfully said, "Well Mama, since Jonah was in the belly of the whale for three days I think that relates to Jesus being in the tomb for three days."
Yes, my scholarly and partially nerdy child, I think you're probably right. Teach your brother a thing or two, will you please?? ;)
We also made resurrection rolls today which is no hardship since they are sooo yummy!
A word about Easter Candy: I LOVE it! I've bought a disgusting amount of it. Yesterday I decided we didn't have enough variety so I bought a bag of gummy sweet tart bunnies because....YUM!!! Anyway, of course we opened them in the car to sample and I intended on using the rest for the plastic eggs since the other 4 bags I had wasn't enough. ;) I left those opened sweet tarts in my purse and when I went to get them today the bag was empty. My little children ATE an ENTIRE bag in 24 hours. Those sneaky little sneaks. Needless to say when Easter is over most of the candy will be sneakily going in the trash in an effort to save their teeth and their pancreas.
And when I think that God, his Son not sparing,
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
| We've been opening our Resurrection eggs for 11 days now, counting down to Easter. Each day they tell a little bit of the Easter story. |
| What would Resurrection Eggs be without treats? |
Then Aiden piped in and thoughtfully said, "Well Mama, since Jonah was in the belly of the whale for three days I think that relates to Jesus being in the tomb for three days."
Yes, my scholarly and partially nerdy child, I think you're probably right. Teach your brother a thing or two, will you please?? ;)
We also made resurrection rolls today which is no hardship since they are sooo yummy!
A word about Easter Candy: I LOVE it! I've bought a disgusting amount of it. Yesterday I decided we didn't have enough variety so I bought a bag of gummy sweet tart bunnies because....YUM!!! Anyway, of course we opened them in the car to sample and I intended on using the rest for the plastic eggs since the other 4 bags I had wasn't enough. ;) I left those opened sweet tarts in my purse and when I went to get them today the bag was empty. My little children ATE an ENTIRE bag in 24 hours. Those sneaky little sneaks. Needless to say when Easter is over most of the candy will be sneakily going in the trash in an effort to save their teeth and their pancreas.


Comments