Skip to main content

4th of July

Keeping with all our cabin traditions we enjoyed our 4th of July complete with fireworks (twice!), a lollypop tree, a carnival, sparklers, a BBQ, and of course lots and lots of friends and family. We're home and last night I laid in bed an thoroughly enjoyed the quiet. ;) I think that means we had a wonderful time at the place we love filled with the people I love the most.
Sage's first sparkler!



Planting the lollypop tree.

The older kids are sweet enough to let Sage pick first.

The lollypop harvesters with Uncle Jim who started this magical tradition many decades ago.
Sage isn't quite old enough to go to the carnival yet, but Aiden brought him home some Cotton Candy. It was his first taste. No surprise that he loved it!
Dressed and ready for the carnival and fireworks. Sage didn't get to go to the carnival yet this year, but he did get to stay up the night before and watch the fireworks over the lake.  Tom sat on the beach to watch them with the boys and Marme made them popcorn. I opted for the mosquito free seating on porch. :) I'm really not sure Sage liked the fireworks that much because he told me the grand finale hurt his ears, but I bet he'll watch again next year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...