National Night Out is sponsored by the police (I think) and it's a chance for neighbors to get together and I think the goal is just to get to know each other, hang out and BBQ, and to hopefully, in the long run, reduce crime. I think that's the purpose anyway. I haven't actually ever been to our neighborhood's party. Tom's company partners with the police and since Tom is in charge of all volunteer events we usually get recruited to help. So we have to get to ride with law enforcement from neighborhood to neighborhood and hand out all kinds of junk stuff. I was hoping the boys could hitch a ride in one of the emergency vehicles this year but since they were all still on call and could be called away at any moment the boys had to ride with us. Sure enough, we lost our ambulance to an emergency half way through the night. We made several stops and everyone was super nice and the boys never tire of looking at the fire trucks and police cars. I spent most of the night sitting in the van because it was hot, but it was still a nice night and a great program.
 |
| Hanging out in the ambulance. |
 |
| I told the boys that if they ever end up in the back of a police car for behavior reasons that jail would be a lovely vacation compared to what they would face at home. :) |
 |
| The neighborhood with the blow up slide was very hospitable and let the boys have lots of turns. |
 |
| Fire Truck |
 |
| Fire Truck |
 |
| The crew |
Comments