Skip to main content

Jehovah Jire

There was a day last week that I had just gotten out of the shower and the days tasks were before me when Aiden came running upstairs to tell me there was water leaking from the ceiling in the basement bathroom. I ran down to check and sure enough, there were drips coming from the ceiling. It doesn't take much to send me into panic mode so immediately my head started spinning with visions of ripping out a ceiling, repairing and replacing pipes, remediating the entire basement for mold and the dollar signs kept piling up. It was then that the Holy Spirit stepped in and I shut the bathroom door and just decided to pray. Right away I was reminded of God's name, Jehovah Jire-my provider. And I prayed that God would somehow provide an easy solution. After talking to my mom who told me to just calm down and then talking to my dad and doing a little investigation I figured out that water only leaks if there is water on the floor upstairs. Tom has been preaching about not getting water on the floor so I guess I should have listened. Some new calk is all we need to fix this problem.  I spent the rest of the day thankful that God not only provided an easy solution but he reminded me he will provide. Jehovah Jire, which is the name memorialized by Abraham when God provided a ram to sacrifice in place of Issac, means God will provide. It doesn't mean God did provide, but instead it anticipates a future action that God will provide.

I love this name of God. It's been the name I've been calling on when Aiden and Sage and Cade all cry at the same time.  It's the name I think of when I feel like I might join them in their tears. It's the name I think of at 3 AM when Cade won't sleep and I'm afraid that I might fall asleep and forget I'm holding him. God's provision is what I cling to when I pray for the stresses and pressure on Tom's shoulders right now. God will provide...he'll provide sleep and grace and energy and peace all in His name and we won't mistake it for coincidence. God will answer our prayers and we'll respond in thanfkulness for all he provides. As a little girl I remember singing...
"Jehovah Jire, my provider, you grace is sufficient for me."

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19

Comments

Sally said…
Beautiful and comforting beyond measure.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...