Nothing that exciting ever happens around here because we are laying low. That's what you do with a newborn...leave the house as little as possible. This morning I got up and started our morning stuff...laundry, cleaning, dinner prep, school, and then we left for Cade's 2 month check up 35 mintues away. I mixed up the time of his appointment and arrived an hour early. So, we went out for ice cream. ;) Cade's check up went fine. He weighed in at 12 lbs 11 oz and according to the measurments he's grown an inch and three fourths since birth. He has gotten longer, but I'm not sure he's gotten
that much longer. Anyway, we left there and on our way home we very narrowly avoided an accident and called 911 on someone else's behalf. After making it home safe and sound I made Sage some pumpkin pie play dough and threw dinner in the oven. Then I had this wild idea to sit on the couch and watch T.V. Can you believe it? If felt pretty awesome to watch T.V. in the middle of the day. I had forgotten there was such a thing. I might even do it again sometime. Usually Tom and I fall into bed, turn on our show, and promptly fall asleep. It takes us three nights to watch a 40 minute episode. ;) Anyway, we watched Jeopardy (I got 9 questions right and Aiden got 1 right) and then we watched the news. The news was pretty sad and maddening so I don't know that I'll watch it again. :) While I was on the couch I looked around and Sage was happily playing and Aiden was working on his bible study and Cade was asleep in my arms. It was a pretty stellar moment. My camera was beside me so I took a couple pictures.


My little baby is the sweetest. He is SO interactive. He loves to chat and is quite animated. Tom can really get him talking up a storm and he even tries to laugh. It's the best! We worked so hard on getting him to say "ah goo" that he says it all the time so we're working on hew things. He loves it when we sing and he LOVES his bath. He's even slept for 4 straight hours a few times. Here's to hoping that continues!
Comments