Skip to main content

7 months old Today!

Our sweetest baby Cade is seven months today! Honestly, Cade is the apple of everyone's eye. His brothers dote on him, especially Aiden. And Cade eats it all up! We are constantly laughing and smiling about Cade. Just yesterday I said that Cade must think he is absolutely hysterical because we are always laughing about what Cade is doing. At his six month appointment he was almost 19 lbs. He was in the 75% for weight and 95% for height. He is my chubbiest kid by far. The other two boys were barely 20 lbs at one year so Cade is a lug to haul around and I often call him tubo. Cade gets from point A to point B mostly by rolling but he is very efficient at scooting around and can no longer be trusted. I've already found him pulling on lamp cords and trying to get into things on shelves that he can't have. I've worn my beverage at dinner a couple times too because Cade grabbed my glass when I wasn't looking. He can get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth but he hasn't got the forward motion figured out yet...but it won't be long. He is my most vocal baby and coos and experiments with new sounds. He is easily entertained and loves to throw things on the floor on purpose so his brothers can pick it up. Cade thinks that game is so funny! So, yes, we are smitten. Cade has been sleeping terribly but somehow you just can't be mad at him. He is so generous with his smiles that I'm sure he'll get away with anything he wants since he is the baby of the family and quite the charmer.

I haven't given Cade any food yet...just a carrot stick to chew on which he thinks is pretty neat. The boys think that Cade thinks it's a popsicle. :)

Don't be fooled...Cade doesn't travel all that well.

Easter at Ami's house



Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.

Comments

Happy 7 Month Birthday, Cade! You really are one happy boy that brings so many smiles to those around you. Enjoy your day buddy.
Sally said…
He really is adorable and so happy! Love you little man.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...