Skip to main content

Soccer Season Begins

This morning brought back to back soccer games for Aiden and Sage and it was Sage's first ever soccer game so it was a big deal. Sage was all in! When Aiden first started he was slow to warm up, apprehensive, and shy. Sage wasn't any of those things and it's always so funny to see how different their personalities are. Sage played a great game of 4 year old soccer. Now, I'm not going to lie, I think he may have played a game with the wrong team. Soccer here has been confusing (as with all things) and so when I saw little kids wearing his same jersey and the coaches said, "oh, we're filling in for his regular coach," I figured that was his team. But, I may have gotten the time wrong. I'm still not sure but Sage doesn't know this so I'll get it straightened out for next week and we'll be good to go. Aiden played hard and noticed that this year was his first time moving up to a larger field and playing with a referee. Aiden played mid field today, his favorite position, so he was pretty happy.  Today also brings Chess Team and hopefully some rest. I must be tired because in an unfortunate chain of events Tom tripped our home alarm last night (which was actually my fault) and Aiden had to wake me up because I was sleeping through it. I was actually sleeping through an alarm that was probably heard around the whole block.  All is well that ends well and I guess it's comforting to know the alarm and the monitoring service are working as they should.

I'm adding in that it was so HOT on the soccer field today! I didn't realize how much weather effects me and my mood and how I feel about things in general until I moved away from what I was used to. I'm fairly certain that we've played soccer in the snow with winter coats under our jerseys more then we've played in this kind of heat. I almost melted and you should have seen my red faced, sweaty little boys. Anyway, here's to many, many more Saturdays filled with Soccer.



Comments

Sally said…
Great pictures!!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...