Sage turned 5 and I just can't believe it. Turning 5 seems so grown up and he was the cutest four year old so I just wanted to hold onto his silly ways a while longer. Sage's birth is the only one out of my 3 that went as I had hoped and planned so for that reason November 28th will always hold a special sweetness.
Big things are happening for Sage. For starters, he is growing. His Radio Flyer bike got packed away for Cade and he upgraded to a 16 inch bike. He is pretty proud of himself when he rides it. He's also learning leaps and bounds and his reading is getting better each day. I'm always amazed at what he picks up just by listening to me talk to Aiden. Homeschooling is kind of cool that way.
Sage is a very attentive older brother to Cade. While he does get impatient with Cade when he ruins the toys he has set up a certain way, Sage is always the first one to be concerned about Cade on the stairs or playing with something he shouldn't. Sage will sit and play with Cade without me even asking so I can get a few things done. He is very protective and I love it. Aiden is Sage's best friend. If Aiden isn't home Sage really doesn't even know what to with himself. I've been actually working on teaching Sage to play by himself because he plays with Aiden so much that he usually refuses to even play if Aiden isn't with him.
Sage and Tom have begun reading the Narnia series each night. Tom lays with Sage until he falls asleep and I think they both love their little routine of devotions, stories, songs, and sleep. I put Sage to bed the other night because Tom wasn't home and the converstation went like this:
Sage: Mama, can Jesus come back even in the middle of the night??!!
Mama: Yes. He can! We don't know exactly when but it could be in the night.
Sage: Well, if I'm sleeping Jesus will probably come get me up.
Mama: Yes, he will. But Sage, everyone will know when Jesus comes. It'll be a big event. You won't miss it. You'll probably be woken up by the sound of trumpets.
Sage: But Mama, I probably won't hear the trumpets. Remember??? I sleep through our house alarm AND our fire alarm!
Mama: That is true. But I promise. You won't sleep through the return of Jesus.
My silly Sage! The funny thing is we certainly don't raise wonderful sleepers around here. I used to tell Tom the children would wake up if an ant sneezed 3 blocks away. However, they have both slept through our fire alarms going off and our house alarm. It's a little unsettling.
Happy Birthday to our Sage who is sweet and kind and definately the cool kid on the block. We love that you love music and love to dance and love to play! He has a lot of growing up to do but he's well on his way! Sage, this year we continue to pray that you run after God's wisdom, that you heart is soft towards him, and you embrace all the things a 5 year old should be doing...playing, reading, and loving your family.
We love you so much!
Big things are happening for Sage. For starters, he is growing. His Radio Flyer bike got packed away for Cade and he upgraded to a 16 inch bike. He is pretty proud of himself when he rides it. He's also learning leaps and bounds and his reading is getting better each day. I'm always amazed at what he picks up just by listening to me talk to Aiden. Homeschooling is kind of cool that way.
Sage is a very attentive older brother to Cade. While he does get impatient with Cade when he ruins the toys he has set up a certain way, Sage is always the first one to be concerned about Cade on the stairs or playing with something he shouldn't. Sage will sit and play with Cade without me even asking so I can get a few things done. He is very protective and I love it. Aiden is Sage's best friend. If Aiden isn't home Sage really doesn't even know what to with himself. I've been actually working on teaching Sage to play by himself because he plays with Aiden so much that he usually refuses to even play if Aiden isn't with him.
Sage and Tom have begun reading the Narnia series each night. Tom lays with Sage until he falls asleep and I think they both love their little routine of devotions, stories, songs, and sleep. I put Sage to bed the other night because Tom wasn't home and the converstation went like this:
Sage: Mama, can Jesus come back even in the middle of the night??!!
Mama: Yes. He can! We don't know exactly when but it could be in the night.
Sage: Well, if I'm sleeping Jesus will probably come get me up.
Mama: Yes, he will. But Sage, everyone will know when Jesus comes. It'll be a big event. You won't miss it. You'll probably be woken up by the sound of trumpets.
Sage: But Mama, I probably won't hear the trumpets. Remember??? I sleep through our house alarm AND our fire alarm!
Mama: That is true. But I promise. You won't sleep through the return of Jesus.
My silly Sage! The funny thing is we certainly don't raise wonderful sleepers around here. I used to tell Tom the children would wake up if an ant sneezed 3 blocks away. However, they have both slept through our fire alarms going off and our house alarm. It's a little unsettling.
Happy Birthday to our Sage who is sweet and kind and definately the cool kid on the block. We love that you love music and love to dance and love to play! He has a lot of growing up to do but he's well on his way! Sage, this year we continue to pray that you run after God's wisdom, that you heart is soft towards him, and you embrace all the things a 5 year old should be doing...playing, reading, and loving your family.
We love you so much!





Comments