Skip to main content

Kindergarten Graduation

Sage graduated from Kindergarten last Friday night. I don't even know what to say about Sage finishing Kindergarten. On one hand, this year has flown by because of the chaos of having three littles at home. On the other hand this year has dragged on and on because of the chaos of having three littles at home. I think it's possible that I learned more than Sage this year. It's been a year where I've had to let go of ideals and expectations as I've just tried to get the bare minimum done mostly because homeschooling with Cade was just the most difficult thing I've ever done. Add the chaos of Cade and trying to teach the other two with the fact this was our first year in West Virginia and just know that I'm kind of burnt out and overwhelmed and if I didn't know homeschooling could and would get better I'd probably be going back to work and shipping my kids off to the Catholic School. But, I know come September Cade will be older, I'll have a new plan, things will be fresh and we'll start again and it will be better....mostly because things couldn't be worse. ;)

Anyway, yes, Sage is young to be graduating from Kindergarten, I suppose. He just turned 5 in November but grades matter little in homeschooling. He joined the kindergartners at coop because I just couldn't imagine him being in preschool. He's reading well, he socializes well, and honestly, in West Virginia the expectations aren't as high nor are the kids as high functioning. So, he had a successful year at coop learning sign language and having gym class and a reading class. He made a best friend whom you will see standing next to him on stage. And yes, Sage is short. However, some of the kids in his class are 7 and Sage is probably a little bit on the short side so those things combined make it look like he's midget sized. But, he wears a size 5 in clothes so he must not be too far from the norm.

Thinking of Sage being in first grade kind of blows my mind. I don't think I'm ready for that. He still seems little or maybe it's me that would like to keep him little. ;) Whatever the grade Sage will be continuing in reading all Summer and next year I already have his curriculum all planned out and we'll see how much fun it is to juggle Aiden's work with Sage's work and do all the things with Cade that I did with the other two. I've honestly considered hiring either A) a babysitter for Cade or B) a cleaning lady. :) I don't think I'll hire either but I am hoping next year I am able to plan and execute a smooth year.

Here is Sage...his class sings a song about the seven continents, sings Jesus Loves the Little Children in Sign Language and sings the ABC's with sign language. It's pretty cute. And I LOVE that Sage runs across the stage holding his hat. My sweet little boy with ideas of his own yet I think the videos reveal a little bit of his shyness as well. However, he's my least shy kid and makes friends easily. I love that about him.



Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.
Untitled from Jenny on Vimeo.

Comments

Congratulations Sage! How are you going to be in first grade? He looks so cute and little on stage.
Sally said…
Our sweet Sage graduating from Kindergarten already is so great! Congratulations!! We are so proud of you and your good reading skills.
Love you, Grandmommy and Grandpa
Jenny said…
Oh my goodness, too much cuteness!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...