Skip to main content

Easter

It felt like Easter came up on us quickly this year. We had bigger and better plans than just being home but our plans sadly fell through. Then we made back up/ last minute plans but then the two littlest boys got sick. So....we stayed home. Staying home for Easter is what we did last year and last year we vowed we would never stay home again. Then this year happened. And on the way home from church Tom and I renewed our vow. Never would we stay home again for Easter. But....we tried to make the best of it. I dropped the ball during holy week and we didn't accomplish all I had hoped. We did our resurrection eggs, we read some new Easter stories and then on Saturday night we had a very last minute and chaotic Passover dinner and we dyed our Easter Eggs and we laid our Easter baskets out for the bunny. We never got around to making resurrection rolls because I couldn't come up with a last minute gluten free option for my gluten free boy. So....Easter was hodge podge and maybe not what I dreamed it to be, but Christ is Risen for the very reason that I can't always get things together. He forgives and sees us as white as snow regardless of the Easter activities I didn't accomplish. Maybe we weren't as cold as some of the county, but it was 40 degrees and raining and the crummiest Easter weather I remember for awhile. We stayed in and stayed warm and Tom grilled steak for our Easter dinner because I don't know how to make ham. All in all...the weekend was quiet and we needed that because this week has left me not sure whether I'm coming or going. :)
It was freezing and we were late for church so this half focused, off centered picture is as good as it gets this year.








He's the best. I couldn't live without him.

Certainly it was the least authentic Sedar dinner I've served and we were two days past Passover when we sat down to observe the significance, but it's the thought that counts. ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...