Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, Aiden!

Aiden turned ten and I feel like my life flashed before my eyes. I'm just not sure how a decade passed by so quickly. I also can't believe I have such an amazing son. Aiden is my dependable, steady and consistent child. He isn't moody, his interests and likes don't change. He's predictable and even though he still has a need to MOVE, he's pretty chill and easy going most of the time. I don't know what I would do without his help. He entertains Cade, is Sage's best friend, and helps with anything from dishes to carrying in groceries to mowing the lawn to cleaning bathrooms. He is so perceptive and will often say, "Mama, do you need help? You seem stressed." He is a justice seeker and needs people to do the right thing He's developing some great critical thinking skills and LOVES to read, LOVES animals and likes history and science. Soccer is his passion and his skills have developed so much this past year. He's gotten a bit of a competitive spirit too and we tell him that's a good thing as long as he's friendly and kind off the field. The two things Aiden hates the most are math and sloppy joes. I'd say we've got a pretty good kid on our hands.

Aiden, you're growing into just the young man we've prayed for. We're proud of your desire to walk the narrow road of righteousness and that you prioritize Jesus first. You certainly have a fire for Him and we pray it never goes out. Happy Birthday, dear boy. Love you so much!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...