A couple weeks ago a Christian school in the area hosted the Scholastic Book Fair and invited families. During my elementary years book fairs were just about my favorite thing so I talked up the experience to the boys we got in the car with high hopes. I'm going to be honest, the book fair was a disappointment and wasn't worth the thirty minute drive. I thought book fairs came with stellar prices. But this was like shopping at Barnes and Noble. I don't shop at Barnes and Noble often because with the number of books I purchase I just can't. Thriftbooks.com has become my new best friend and with shipping free after you spend $10 you can't beat it. Sometimes I have to wait for a title to be instock, but overall I've been pleased with their selection. Anyway, aside from the prices the shelves were stocked full of pop fiction and less than quality titles. The boys did each choose a book, mostly because I felt weird walking out without making a purchase, and then we left. It was a break in the routine but all in all I probably won't go to a book fair again. Cade chose If you Give a Mouse a Brownie and so we went home to read it and then Cade made brownies. He ate more brownie batter than the actual brownies themselves but he had so much fun stirring and tasting. I ended up putting the brownies in the trash because I was the one having a hard time not eating the whole pan. :)



Comments