Skip to main content

AWANA

The boys complete a year of AWANA. They loved going and they were rockstars at learning their verses. Aiden finished his book and Sage did his book, his review book and an extra credit book. They worked hard and I know they loved socializing with their friends as well. AWANA is a fabulous way for them to spend their Wednesday evening but I'll be honest, I'm so glad for a break. The Wednesday night AWANA pick up and drop off was my least favorite of all. Considering Tom was always the one to pick them up I'm not sure why I hated it so much, but it's obviously worth it. Those verses are hidden in their hearts forever. They both had speaking parts in their end of the year program. Sage did great but was so shy about being up there that he made funny faces each time I made I contact with him. I kinda wish he'd never grow up because I love the cute little way he has about him.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...