I thought I'd do a January catch-up post and then back track to our Christmas in a later post.
For the first time in years we rang in the New Year by staying up until midnight. In fact, for the first time ever the boys stayed up until midnight as well. We all went to a friends house and just hung out all night and had a great time.
After the rush of Christmas and the New Year we had to get back to the daily grind and continue on with school. The weather here is so very gloomy day in and day out that we might as well be doing school because there is nothing else to do. We didn't send a Christmas card this year because my computer ate my mailing list so here's a bit of an update for those of you bored enough to read until the end.
Aiden....still gobbles up every book and story he can get his hands on. This works well for progress in Science and History because he loves to read anything and everything. Together we're reading The Hiding Place. I probably like this book more than Aiden because Fantasy books are his first love but he reads lots of non fiction too. I bought a story based math curriculum in hopes this would entice him into putting a bit more effort into math. The verdict is still out. He has soccer Tuesday nights and Friday nights. He starts a 6 week soccer tournament that will be every Thursday night starting this week. I think we have another tournament or two in the coming weeks. And he usually is trained by a different coach on Saturday mornings as well. Just typing this out makes it sound like we must be crazy. Crazy for soccer, that is. ;) He loves it and he's getting better little be little. It's his passion so we're in it as long as he is.
Sage...the easiest little boy to teach school to except that he never stops talking. ;) He also reads a lot and just discovered his love for Harry Potter. We've let him read the first two books and he's begging to read the third but we haven't decided if he's old enough yet. Sage continues to love his guitar and is taking lessons in classical guitar and plays chords as well. We got a piano and Sage loves it. I'm attempting to teach him piano and he's progressing. A piano teacher may be in his future because come to find out I really hate giving piano lessons. He goes to soccer on Saturdays for now and although he's doing a great job and he loves it, I don't think soccer intensity is in his near future.
Cade...he's 3. He requires a lot. He wants to do everything the big kids do. He loves puzzles and we've worked up to 48 pieces. He knows all his letters and now I'm trying to teach him sounds. Cade has his own ideas about life and he's my only child who has actually argued with me about letter sounds. "No! Mama! That does NOT say sssss!" "Yes, my dear. It does." So, things could get tricky around here. Baby Natalie is still his love and he informed me long ago that he is NOT Natalie's Daddy. Natalie is his sister because he doesn't have a sister. :) It's just so cute. Cade goes to Cubbies but he doesn't love going to Cubbies and he goes to Preschool on Thursdays but he doesn't love that either. I teach the 4 year old class on Thursdays and after an hour and a half Cade's teacher usually drops him off in my room because he is either A) whining for me or B) He's fallen asleep on the teacher's lap. We had family in town for the weekend and Cade LOVED having a boy here his exact age and they played ALL WEEKEND LONG. So, if Cade could get over being so attached to me I know he'd like his classes better. All in good time.
I'm teaching school to the boys. It's a full time gig. I'm still trying to get them in the pool each week to work on their swimming. In my free time I'm trying to read more. And I attempt to go to the gym. Nothing exciting going on here. Tom still spends all his time at work. We're boring people. :)
Picture updates for the great grandparents later.
For the first time in years we rang in the New Year by staying up until midnight. In fact, for the first time ever the boys stayed up until midnight as well. We all went to a friends house and just hung out all night and had a great time.
After the rush of Christmas and the New Year we had to get back to the daily grind and continue on with school. The weather here is so very gloomy day in and day out that we might as well be doing school because there is nothing else to do. We didn't send a Christmas card this year because my computer ate my mailing list so here's a bit of an update for those of you bored enough to read until the end.
Aiden....still gobbles up every book and story he can get his hands on. This works well for progress in Science and History because he loves to read anything and everything. Together we're reading The Hiding Place. I probably like this book more than Aiden because Fantasy books are his first love but he reads lots of non fiction too. I bought a story based math curriculum in hopes this would entice him into putting a bit more effort into math. The verdict is still out. He has soccer Tuesday nights and Friday nights. He starts a 6 week soccer tournament that will be every Thursday night starting this week. I think we have another tournament or two in the coming weeks. And he usually is trained by a different coach on Saturday mornings as well. Just typing this out makes it sound like we must be crazy. Crazy for soccer, that is. ;) He loves it and he's getting better little be little. It's his passion so we're in it as long as he is.
Sage...the easiest little boy to teach school to except that he never stops talking. ;) He also reads a lot and just discovered his love for Harry Potter. We've let him read the first two books and he's begging to read the third but we haven't decided if he's old enough yet. Sage continues to love his guitar and is taking lessons in classical guitar and plays chords as well. We got a piano and Sage loves it. I'm attempting to teach him piano and he's progressing. A piano teacher may be in his future because come to find out I really hate giving piano lessons. He goes to soccer on Saturdays for now and although he's doing a great job and he loves it, I don't think soccer intensity is in his near future.
Cade...he's 3. He requires a lot. He wants to do everything the big kids do. He loves puzzles and we've worked up to 48 pieces. He knows all his letters and now I'm trying to teach him sounds. Cade has his own ideas about life and he's my only child who has actually argued with me about letter sounds. "No! Mama! That does NOT say sssss!" "Yes, my dear. It does." So, things could get tricky around here. Baby Natalie is still his love and he informed me long ago that he is NOT Natalie's Daddy. Natalie is his sister because he doesn't have a sister. :) It's just so cute. Cade goes to Cubbies but he doesn't love going to Cubbies and he goes to Preschool on Thursdays but he doesn't love that either. I teach the 4 year old class on Thursdays and after an hour and a half Cade's teacher usually drops him off in my room because he is either A) whining for me or B) He's fallen asleep on the teacher's lap. We had family in town for the weekend and Cade LOVED having a boy here his exact age and they played ALL WEEKEND LONG. So, if Cade could get over being so attached to me I know he'd like his classes better. All in good time.
I'm teaching school to the boys. It's a full time gig. I'm still trying to get them in the pool each week to work on their swimming. In my free time I'm trying to read more. And I attempt to go to the gym. Nothing exciting going on here. Tom still spends all his time at work. We're boring people. :)
Picture updates for the great grandparents later.
Comments