It's Sunday night and we are lazy. I picked up the kid's "Book It" personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut and they are watching a movie. I'm waiting until they get in bed so I can watch a movie other than Monster's Inc. We're in a tornado watch, which is a very rare occurance in WV, so I'm kinda curious to see what these severe storms amount to. In my 3 layered brick house I rarely hear the wind and since it's been standing for 102 years I'm kinda thinking I won't be running for the basement.
Pappy and Marme were here all weekend and so tonight we're not only lazy but also a bunch of sad sacks. We love their time here and everyone is so sad when they leave. The house feels lonely again and we'll spend the next couple days asking ourselves why we moved here. While Pappy and Marme were here they got to see Sage perform in his talent show. He rocked everyone's socks off playing a Greta Van Fleet song on his electric guitar. Both he and Aiden had soccer games too and Aiden scored twice and had an assist. I hate to brag about my kids, but Aiden consistently puts the ball in the next at soccer and he's got the fancy footwork that keeps getting better. It's always money well spent when you kids are developing their talents and pursuing their passion. Cade is happy to be along for the ride and he loved reading lots of books with Marme. Tom and I are just now, after living here for 3 years, attempting to do some small things to the house. It's so hard to do anything with toddlers and babies so here we are, just now working on getting rid of the ugly tan paint that covers the entire first floor. Anyway, a couple weekends ago we painted the kitchen and over the weekend Tom and my dad installed new light fixtures. I'm so in love with them and the room just got 15 years younger looking. :) Now, we're onto the next room.
These past several weeks have felt like a wild ride at our house. Tom went through another round of stress-inducing interviews at Amazon and his hard work has paid off. He took a different and higher management role here and we are so proud of him. He's got big things on his plate and lots of eyes watching him, but already we are seeing God's provision and answered prayers. Tom has projects he's working on that are keeping me on my knees....as it should be. During these interviews and job transition time Sage had scarlet fever. For this mama, it was kind of stressful. We were in our pediatricians office three times in less than 24 hours, but he's a patient man and thankfully Sage is completely better thanks to modern medicine. Aiden had a mystery virus that lasted almost two weeks. That also had this mama worried and we went through lab tests and stomach x-rays and thankfully the tests showed nothing and he recovered. Aiden also got his cast off!!! His elbow x-rays showed all clear after three weeks. What Aiden wasn't prepared for was the loss of strength and muscle stiffness. He had a rough week, but lots of intentional stretching and muscle building activities and his arm gained normal movement. He's getting close to full strength with the ability to do push-ups seeming to come back the slowest. He's finally up to 5 or 6 but anxious to be able to do as many as normal.
The end of school is drawing near. I was planning on finishing this week, but I was a little confused about the April calendar and just realized Holy Week is this week and not next week. So, I just lost a week and I'm prioritizing tasks for the week in effort to also have time to enjoy the week.
 |
| So long, Marshall Orthopedics! I hope to never see you again! |
 |
| The boys go to a homeschool coop on Thursdays. I have a love hate relationship with coop, but that's a long story. I am the teacher for the 4 year olds and this week ( our LAST week until next fall...praise the Lord) we had a bunny theme. Thanks to some sweet friends we got to have bunnies in our class for the day. |
 |
| I also watch my friend's baby on Thursdays. She comes to coop with us. My friend showed up with Starbucks when she picked up her child on Thursdays. After a day with 4 year olds and bunnies I told her I was going to put a shot in my ice tea. I'm so thankful that my boys love coop and I'm so thankful it's over for the year. |
 |
We celebrated Aiden's birthday with Pappy and Marme while they were here. I can't believe he's almost 11!
|
 |
| Sage at his talent show. |
 |
| Marme made the boys an Easter scavenger hunt and an Easter Egg hunt. |
Comments