Right before we left for the summer we got two kittens. The boys (including Tom) had been talking about it for awhile and I kept saying, "NO!" However, I did tell Tom that in the event he decided to get a cat I wanted an orange tabby and it had to be a girl. He totally played a trick on me and I thought he had bought one for Mother's Day so I felt like it was inevitable and I needed to at least tell him what I wanted.
Anyway, one Saturday Aiden told me Tom said we could just go look at cats. So we started looking. We went to several places and couldn't find one we wanted. By this time the boys had their hearts set on bringing home a kitten THAT DAY. We decided to drive to Charleston because their shelter sounded more promising. They probably had a kitty we would like but we wouldn't be able to bring it home for several days. Anyway, we were 30 miles out of town and stopped for gas. Tom went in to pay and ran into the fiancée of someone who worked for him. In true Tom form, he told the girl his whole life story about how we were looking for an orange kitty. This girl happens to tell him that she just got an orange kitten from her aunt who happens to still have some left and she lives just a couple minutes away. So....we went to the aunt's house. She did indeed have 2 orange kittens, a girl and a boy. However she said she would not separate the kittens and they had to go to the same home. In my head I knew this was a deal breaker for Tom and I. But, we walked out with BOTH kittens. I guess we were each waiting for the other to say "No." Since neither of us did, we took both. We got in the car and wondered what in the world we just did. :)
However, this story just seems like it was meant to be. Having two kittens is really no more work than having one and the two kitties really do need each other. Plus, having two is really fun for the boys. We all are kind of falling in love with the kittens so I think they are here to stay.
I came home from a summer at the lake to kittens with fleas. So that has made me love the kittens quite a bit less since I 've been doing nothing but vacuuming and laundry. I might be anti-chemical when it comes to my kids but you better believe those kittens got a chemical flea treatment straight away. I think maybe (fingers crossed) we're coming to the end of the fleas. Now, hopefully the professionals coming tomorrow can get the raccoons out of my chimney and I'll feel less like I live in a zoo. There is never a dull moment around here. For the racoons, I literally have zero words. I just want them gone and dead. And it's quite possible Tom and I will NEVER buy a 100 year old house again since this week burning down the house sounded pretty appealing.
Anyway, one Saturday Aiden told me Tom said we could just go look at cats. So we started looking. We went to several places and couldn't find one we wanted. By this time the boys had their hearts set on bringing home a kitten THAT DAY. We decided to drive to Charleston because their shelter sounded more promising. They probably had a kitty we would like but we wouldn't be able to bring it home for several days. Anyway, we were 30 miles out of town and stopped for gas. Tom went in to pay and ran into the fiancée of someone who worked for him. In true Tom form, he told the girl his whole life story about how we were looking for an orange kitty. This girl happens to tell him that she just got an orange kitten from her aunt who happens to still have some left and she lives just a couple minutes away. So....we went to the aunt's house. She did indeed have 2 orange kittens, a girl and a boy. However she said she would not separate the kittens and they had to go to the same home. In my head I knew this was a deal breaker for Tom and I. But, we walked out with BOTH kittens. I guess we were each waiting for the other to say "No." Since neither of us did, we took both. We got in the car and wondered what in the world we just did. :)
However, this story just seems like it was meant to be. Having two kittens is really no more work than having one and the two kitties really do need each other. Plus, having two is really fun for the boys. We all are kind of falling in love with the kittens so I think they are here to stay.
I came home from a summer at the lake to kittens with fleas. So that has made me love the kittens quite a bit less since I 've been doing nothing but vacuuming and laundry. I might be anti-chemical when it comes to my kids but you better believe those kittens got a chemical flea treatment straight away. I think maybe (fingers crossed) we're coming to the end of the fleas. Now, hopefully the professionals coming tomorrow can get the raccoons out of my chimney and I'll feel less like I live in a zoo. There is never a dull moment around here. For the racoons, I literally have zero words. I just want them gone and dead. And it's quite possible Tom and I will NEVER buy a 100 year old house again since this week burning down the house sounded pretty appealing.

Comments