Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, Cade!

Cade turned 4! He's our stubborn 3rd born and he's quite sassy. He definitely shakes things up around here! The other night the bedtime shenanigans had gone on for quite some time when Cade said, "Mama, I'm going to get up and get some graham crackers." I said, "No you are not and the graham crackers are all gone." To which Cade replied, "Fine then. I'm just going to get up and dink around." Then Tom replied, "Fine then. I'm just going to give you a spanking."

So....we aren't hard up for humor and we've got a spunky little boy who keeps us on our toes. We always joke and say that Cade is really great at standing up for his rights. Paired with his stubbornness he a very sweet and loving little boy. He's always the first to tell me how pretty I look or how much he loves me. When he prays at night he tells Jesus how much he loves his brothers. He watches Aiden and Sage and wants to do everything they do and be included in every single thing. It makes things challenging and wonderful all at once.

Just last week, and long overdue, we moved Cade out of his toddler bed and into a twin bed. Sage and Cade have bunkbeds and we got Aiden a bigger bed and moved him into his own room. It was sad to separate them into their own rooms but the change has been really good for everyone. And Cade has been sleeping in his own bed all night for the first time in his life without coming into our bed and kicking us all night. Sometimes I miss his sweet snuggles in my bed at 3 AM but sleeping all night has it's perks too.

Cade has almost all his letter sounds mastered and loves doing kindergarten. Every day when I give Aiden and Sage a spelling test Cade wants to have a spelling test too. He gets out his notebook and I give him words and he scribbles all over the page. It's so very sweet. He goes to AWANAat church and he always tells me about he girl who wears a really twirl-y dress. He's probably going to be the ladies man I'll have to keep under lock and key during his teenage years. Cade is my deep thinker and is always asking what different words or concepts mean. Some of his questions are too big for even my brain and I know his brain is busy trying to sort out and understand life. As his understanding grows we pray he grows more in loves with Jesus. HIs name means "spirit of the battle" and we want him to fight his battles in Jesus name and win others for eternity. His middle name means "People army" so it's no wonder we have a fighter on our hands. We want him to stand up for himself and others and we'll pray all his desire for righteousness is what fuels his fighting spirit. Cade Luther, we love you more than words can say!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Creek

 A new year, a new orchard. This year we tried out Apple Creek Orchard and it was a really pretty place. We picked apples, took a hay ride, and the boys had fun with the apple slinger. We were joined by Tom's parents and it feels so good to have them now living close by instead of far away. 

Almost to the finish line.

 It's hard to believe that Aiden turns 18 in one week and walks through graduation in just one month. After more than a decade of homeschooling, 2 years of PSEO, and no less than one million moments that I'll treasure forever, my oldest will be an adult and graduated. Great things are ahead for my boy!

Happy Birthday, Cade!

 My littlest is seven and it's hard  not to be sad. We couldn't be without him, and we're so glad he's ours.  At seven years old Cade loves to do what everyone else is doing. He will NOT play by himself, and maybe it's because he's used to having someone to entertain him all the time. He loves legos and soccer. He also loves to read. I am ALWAYS finding Cade trying to tackle reading a book he probably isn't quite ready for. Lately he's been trying to read The Hobbit. While he's able to read all the words, he just doesn't have the depth of understanding to read it independently quite yet. He LOVES Tom Sawyer so he was delighted to find an abridged version to read.  Cade makes up his own mind about things. He will NOT be bossed around. He holds his own, so I don't worry about his brothers pushing him over. Cade also won't be pushed over physically. He is one tough kid. If Cade is crying, I know he is actually hurt because he never cries ove...