We celebrated Christmas with Pappy and Marme over the weekend. Pappy and Marme actually came up to the cabin on Thursday and then took Aiden, Sage, and Cade home with them so Tom and I had a night to ourselves before we went to Iowa on Friday. Marme had her hands FULL and she pulled it all off without a hitch. Jack Jingle visited the boys while in Iowa, the tooth fairy came to Pappy and Marme's house for Sage, Marme took the two littles for a haircut, AND they made gingerbread houses....all before Tom and I got there. We had a steak dinner for a belated birthday celebration for Sage. Ami, Will, Teddy and Annabelle all came on Saturday for Christmas and it was the very best day. It was sooo fun to see all the boys play together and my three boys are just smitten with Annabelle. We were all spoiled at Christmas and I can't wait until we are all together again.
We came home from Pappy and Marme's and right away started delivering bird seed wreaths. I am so hopeful that tomorrow will be the last day I need to think about these things. It's so wonderful and so much work all at the same time. But, the boys learn so much and they love to see their bank account grow.
This week brings SO MUCH Christmas prep. Each year we aren't with my parents on Christmas day I'm always a little shocked when I realize that it's my job to bring all the Christmas Magic. My mom won't be here so that means Christmas brunch is my job, as is everything else. So, grocery pick up is tomorrow along with any last minute errands. Then I'll food prep and meal plan as much as I can. Tom's whole family will be here so I'm not just cooking for our little clan. I've still got presents to wrap and a big thing for the boys to do that I haven't even started, and lots of details to make sure everything is just so. I'm sure my energy and desire will run out long before I've finished it all.
I'll leave you with pictures from the weekend. I wish it wasn't over.
![]() |
| 100 birdseed wreaths. I'm so ready for this factory to shut down. |
![]() |
| Jack is going fishing |















Comments